We offer our members:
- Educational workshops for teachers, students, and parents
- Graduation certification and recitals
- Student workshop
- Area-wide concerts
- Scholarships for teacher development
- Student Summer Institute scholarships
- Social and networking events
Teachers need to be current members of the Suzuki Association of the Americas to join GPSA.
Our Greater Philadelphia region includes Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, west as far as Lancaster, PA and Wilmington DE, north to Bethlehem, east to Princeton NJ, and south to New Jersey cities bordering Philadelphia. Some members travel even further for our events!
In October 2005 GPSA became the 7th official affiliate chapter of the Suzuki Association of the Americas, which greatly broadened its connections throughout the Western Hemisphere.
The purpose of the Greater Philadelphia Suzuki Association is to:
- Promote the Talent Education method of music education based upon the teaching principles of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki, which is to develop people with a good heart, through a positive environment for learning.
- Act as a resource for parent, teachers, institutions, and other individuals seeking information or guidance.
- Provide Suzuki students with opportunities for growth through recitals and workshops.
- Promote and uphold the principles and ethics of the Suzuki Association of the Americas.
As a GPSA patron, you make a statement that you recognize the impact the arts have in the life of a child. Please help us as we work to continue Dr. Suzuki’s dream of creating beautiful people with beautiful hearts through music! Thank you for supporting the teachers, families, and students of the Greater Philadelphia Suzuki Association and making a difference in our community.
GPSA Board of Directors
President – Raymond Mallari
Vice President, Piano - Open Slot
Vice President, Strings - Annie Barley Givler
Secretary – Lionel Thomas
Treasurer – Hannah Klinetob
Membership – Open Slot
Member-at-Large – Shelley Beard Santore
Member-at-Large - Dr. Elizabeth Guerriero
Webmaster - Ryan Beebe
Past-President – Jean Kountz